Java Web application Development using JSP & Servlet
- JDK installation.
- Database setup: Download and install MYSQL.
- Download and install IDE Eclipse/STS.
- Download and install the server(Tomcat).
Now your machine is ready to develop a Java web project let’s move to session – 2.
- Brief Introduction about the technologies and tool JSP,HTML,CSS,JS, Servlet, MYSQL, Maven.
- Details explanation about the MVC architecture.
- Set Up a J2EE project using Maven and MVC architecture.
- Set Up server(tomcat) with application.
- Run the application to verify Initially everything is working fine.
Now your basic framework is ready to start the work on your requirement. I am going to cover some of them in upcoming sessions. Let’s move to the third session.
- Page linking: how can we redirect one page to another page.
- How to include one JSP page into other JSP pages.
Example: Create a common header and footer page and include them in our main pages.
- Create Horizontal Menu in the header section.
- Design registration page using HTML, CSS.
- How to send data(Request) JSP to Servlet.
Example: Create a Servlet and send the user registration data from JSP to Servlet.
- Create and Bean class for the user and generate the Getter and Setter methods for user registration.
- Create Model classes:
Example: Create a user model class and create a method to perform user registration operation.
- Database configuration file:
Example: Create a “Config.properties” file to manage the Database connection Parameters.
Example: Create a servlet to get requests and pass the data in the database and Perform the registration operation.
- Perform login operation and follow the same architecture.
- Session: Log in and Logout.
Example: Create and login and logout examples to understand the session in a better way.
- Add URL patterns in the existing code using annotation.
- How to manage multiple headers according to the user role in a single header file.
- How to ADD data in a database.
- How to VIEW data from the database and display the same data in a table format on the client-side.
- How to perform EDIT operation in the table.
- How to perform DELETE operation in the table.
- Upload and view images.
==Now your basic application is ready in java and hope you have a better understanding about to develop a java web application==
Now, I will Check the Line by Line source code of the exiting the application.
DataUtility is a common class to convert the data of the entire application in multiple formats Like string to int, a string to double, and so on.
DataValidator Is used to validate the input data.
PropertyReader is used to read data from the config.properties file.
ServletUtility is used to manage the common methods to perform operations in servlets Like forward and redirect.
Understanding of all the model classes in the project which is used to perform the database operations.
Understanding of the exception classes in the project is used to handle the exception of the entire application.
Understanding of the bean classes in the project which is used to handle the getter and setter methods of the application.
Debug the existing project Line by Line
Understanding of all the servlets according to the view request. Servlets which is using to handle the request and response of the application. Explore all the JSP and design of the application.
Doubts and Q&A
Java Web application using Spring and Hibernate