In this blog, I will give a complete guide to start Java web project development and the basic and advanced requirements, and technologies to create a web application in java. What is the best sequence to learn these technologies one by one and what are the essential topics under the specific technologies?
First things are required you have a proper computer science background and you are at least aware of the following things.
- Logical problem-solving skills.
- Good Command of Data Structure and algorithms.
- System software and hardware knowledge to know the environment for that you are going to develop the software.
- Operating Systems
- Basics of programming(Here you can choose any programming stream or domain)
If you choose java domain or as stream then follow the below path
As we are going to create a web application in Java, before starting this tutorial, I recommend you have good expertise in Core Java. also in core Java, you should have good hands-on experience in the following topics.
- Java code execution cycle.
- Importance of JDK, JRE, and different versions of Java.
- Conditional statements
- Oops programming
- Static keyword
- String classes
- Collection and Collections
Advanced Java Basic Development
Java Server Page(JSP):
- JSP is a liberary that helps to create HTML pages that can run java code.
- Servlet is another Java library that helps to handle the request and response that is coming from view(JSP, HTML).
- Request redirect
- Request forward
Development with Frameworks(Today’s demand)
- Spring MVC
- Spring Boot
- Spring Security
ReactJS or Angular
IDE and Tools
- Eclipse or STS
- MYSQL Workbench